Npower is one of UK’s Big Six energy suppliers and has a significant proportion of the energy market for domestic and business customers.
Below we look at what tariffs and services Npower offer to its businesses customers.
Note this article focuses on Npower’ Business tariffs and services, domestic customers should visit our Npower Reviews & Tariffs page.
Npower Business Reviews
Additionally, Citizens Advice ranked Npower Business 10th out of the top 15 business energy suppliers.
Npower Business Electricity Tariffs
- Fixed tariff with choice of contract length 1-3 years
- Variable tariff with no contract and exit fee
- Payment by direct debit or cash/cheque
- Save 5% surcharge by paying by direct debit
- There are no rates published and you would need to contact them for a quote
Npower offers a range of gas and electricity contracts that range from simple fixed-rate contracts to sophisticated, flexible contracts. There are no rates published.
Their range of offers include:
- Fixed rate – a contract that fixes the rates for the duration of the contract
- Select and secure – a deal that allows you to access the wholesale energy market in a secure way without needing the time or expertise to manage a flexible contract
- Flexible energy purchasing – enables you to take advantage of price changes supported by comprehensive and timely wholesale market information
- Renewable energy – energy to assist your sustainability credentials or prove renewable status in your supply chain
- Unmetered supplies – calculated energy supply for unmetered services such as traffic signals and streetlights
- Consultant products – specialised purchasing products for consultants and brokers
Npower Business Gas Tariffs
The Npower gas tariff offering is the same as the electricity tariff offering.
Other Npower Business Energy Products & Services
Npower can also help your business beyond just supplying electricity and gas. They also offer energy consulting which includes:
- Energy HQ – energy management concept which offers a suite of integrated tools
- Energy management services – site audits to help you understand what is happening with your energy
- Working with consultants and brokers – dedicated support team to support advice and guidance
Npower Business Smart Meters
Npower is currently planning its smart meter rollout for its business customers and is pre-registering interest for smart meters.
Npower Business Meter Readings
Small business customers can only submit online meter readings through their online account.
You can submit a meter reading online on the meter read form, contact your Business Development Manager or Customer Relationship Manager, or call 0800 138 2322.
Npower Business Bills
- How to pay your bill
- Request a refund
- Understanding VAT
- Requesting a copy invoice
- Microbusinesses and billing
Npower Business App
Npower currently only has a mobile app for its domestic customers.
Switching Your Business Energy To Npower
You can switch to Npower by calling 0845 071 0613 and can get a quote online. Once you are happy with the quote you need to complete an application either online or over the phone. Npower will then complete the switch for you which can take up to 16 calendar days.
If you want to switch to Npower you need to contact their New Business Team 0800 316 0103 or email [email protected] to get a quote and to discuss switching to them.
Moving Business Premises With Npower
If you are moving premises with npower or moving into a Npower supplied address you need to contact the Business Movers Team 0800 316 0531 or email [email protected]. You can also visit your premises page for information.
If you are leaving a Npower supplied property you need to let them know as soon as you have a moving date. You can also switch your new premises to them.
If you move into a Npower supplied property you need to contact Npower as soon as possible to start the joining process. Deemed rates will be applied initially which intend to be much higher rates.
Npower Business Complaints
If you need to make a complaint to Npower contact:
- Call – electricity – 0330 100 7227
- Call – gas – 0330 100 7229
- Log in to your online account and live chat
- Write – Customer Services, Npower, PO Box 583, Hull, HU5 1YU
Once your complaint has been received you will be assigned a dedicated case handler who will usually resolve the case within 28 working days. If a solution cannot be agreed it will be passed to a Complaints Manager who will review and investigate it within five working days.
Microbusinesses can take their complaint to the Energy Ombudsman if it has not been resolved within eight weeks.
Contact Phone Numbers & Email
Call – electricity – 0845 166 3360
Call – gas – 0845 166 3320
Call – new customers – 0330 100 8100
Lines are open Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5.30pm and Friday 9am-5pm
Call – account queries – 0800 316 0617
Call – contract queries – 0800 316 0103
Email – account queries – [email protected]
Email – contract queries – [email protected]
Lines are open Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5.30pm and Friday 8.30am-5pm
Npower Business Address
Npower Group Ltd
Windmill Hill Business Park
Npower Business Summary
- Offers a range of tariffs suitable for different sized businesses
- Has a range of energy management support
- Has dedicated phones lines for different support functions
- No information on their tariff rates
- Low customer review ratings
- Currently in discussion with SSE about merging their retail energy businesses
For more see: Npower Reviews & Tariffs