Please read the following carefully before using this website. It outlines how we make money and use data you provide.
Love Energy Savings.com Ltd are operating under a brand license of Power Compare.
If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
Other Important Documents
Power Compare makes money in 3 different ways: Commissions from domestic energy switches undertaken by Uswitch (affiliate), revenue from websites we may link to, and commissions from business energy switches provided by Love Energy Savings.
Briefly, here’s how each method works and what data may be required.
- Referral Revenue: Websites we link to that may pay us a commission include (but may not be limited to) Bulb, First Utility and Good Energy. We try our best to mention these agreements at the bottom of any page to which they apply.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- By filling out any information in any form you agree to allow us to share this information with third parties to help you receive the service you’re requesting.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the written content, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.
Service Fees & Charges – How We Get Paid
Power Compare receive a commission directly from the supplier when an energy contract procured via us goes live; it pays for our service, including comparison, switch management, customer service and account management. The commission earned by Power Compare balances the cost to provide these services, in line with providing good customer outcomes and retaining our standing within the market in order to continue to provide customers with competitive deals for their business. By agreeing to use our service, you are agreeing for Power Compare to receive commission for our service.
The commission is included within your unit cost of energy usage by way of a small uplift; therefore, the cost of Power Compare’s service is included within the cost of the energy contract you agree with your chosen supplier. You are not required to make any direct payment to Power Compare.
As an example, we may secure an electricity unit rate of 15.5 pence per KwH (kilowatt hour) to which we may apply an uplift of 0.7 pence, so the contracted price would be 16.2 pence per KwH. The calculation for our commission is therefore uplift multiplied by annual energy consumption and multiplied by the contract term. Whilst different for every contract, our commission is generally just a few percent of the cost of the total energy contract and typically under 1 pence of the unit rate.
Due to the way we are remunerated we only offer business energy prices from the suppliers who are live on our panel. Because our commissions are based on future usage they are forecast amounts. If you would like to find out the commission we expect to receive from your contract please email [email protected].
Some suppliers may make additional payments to us, e.g. a nominal payment per meter sold successfully to that supplier; however, these payments do not impact the impartiality of the comparison service provided.