Ebico is a long-standing, ethical energy supplier who supports credit, prepayment and Economy 7 meters.
So if you’re thinking of finding a new energy supplier they may be a good choice.
Below we look at the key things you need to know about them before making the switch, including reviews, tariffs and complaints data.
- Trustpilot – 7.7 out of 10 based on 201 reviews
- Which? – 75% based on 40 reviews
- Review Centre – 2.4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews
- Citizens Advice – insufficient information to review
Customer reviews on Trustpilot rated Ebico 55% excellent and 19% poor/bad. Which? ranked Ebico as 3rd in their customer satisfaction survey of 23 energy suppliers.
Positive review comments included competitive tariffs, good customer service, no standing charge, and ease of switching.
Negative review comments included issues with Economy 7 on the quoting tool, meter exchange issues, billing problems, difficulty speaking to a person, and issues with their online account.
Ebico Electricity, Gas & Dual Fuel Tariffs
Ebico has four energy tariffs – two caters for credit meter customers, one for prepayment customer, and three for Economy 7 customers.
NOTE: energy rates vary by region; prices quoted are based on a central London address.
Zero (credit meters only)
- No standing charge
- Discounts for paying by direct debit
- No exit fees
- Electricity unit rate 16.14 pence per kWh and no standing charge
- Economy 7 day unit rate 22.26 pence per kWh, night unit rate 7.403 pence per kWh, and no standing charge
- Gas unit rate 4.91 pence per kWh and no standing charge
- Fixed price for 12-months
- Discounts for paying by direct debit
- Dual fuel discount £22.50 per fuel
- £30 exit fee per fuel
- Electricity unit rate 15.24 pence per kWh and standing charge 19.98 pence per day
- Economy 7 day unit rate 15.6475 pence per kWh, night unit rate 8.565 pence per kWh, and standing charge 21.99 pence per day
- Gas unit rate 2.8592 pence per kWh and standing charge 22.85 pence per day
Prepay (prepayment meters only)
- Prepayment meter only tariff
- No exit fee
- Available for smart meters
- Electricity unit rate 12.87 pence per kWh and standing charge 25 pence per day
- Gas unit rate 3.42 pence per kWh and standing charge 25 pence per day
- Tariff for Economy 7 meters
- Fixed price for 12 months
- Available to smart meters
- Direct debit
- Reasonable use occurs on % of off night usage
- £30 exit fee
- No charges per kWh for off-peak rate electricity
- No other price information available
For more information visit Ebico products.
Ebico Business Energy
Ebico offers businesses a single energy tariff.
For more see: Ebico Business Electricity & Gas Tariffs & Rates
Ebico Background Information
Ebico is in partnership with Robin Hood Energy, which is a not-for-profit company owned by Nottingham City Council, to provide the energy supply licence. Ebico, like Robin Hood Energy, is dedicated to providing affordable energy and tackling fuel poverty.
They use financial surpluses to support projects in fuel-poor areas in Britain through their charity Ebico Trust.
Ebico is an Oxfordshire based company who has been in operation for 16 years, originally in partnership with SSE, they now partner with Robin Hood Energy since early 2017. They supply energy to over 60,000 households on dual fuel, electricity or gas only, and cater for credit meters, prepayment and Economy 7 meters.
Ebico Smart Meter
Ebico supports both prepayment and credit meters, although smart meters are only available with certain energy plans.
Ebico is installing smart meters on a phased roll-out by geographical areas, so you will need to check if they are able to install a smart meter in your area yet.
Other Ebico Meters
Ebico supports both prepayment and Economy 7 meters.
Ebico allows their customers to pay for their energy by monthly direct debit, variable quarterly direct debit, on receipt of a bill, or by prepayment meter.
Those paying on the receipt of a bill can pay online on the website or on their online account, by phone, at the Post Office, or at a Paypoint.
Ebico currently does not have an app.
Switching To Ebico
If you want to switch to Ebico you need to either call 0300 004 0308 or complete an online quote by giving a few details about your home and energy usage. You can then select the tariff you want to be on and proceed to switch. Ebico will then manage the switching process for you.
Moving Home With Ebico
If you are moving home with Ebico you will need to call the home moves team on 0800 458 7689 and they will handle the changes for you.
Ebico Fuel Mix
- Coal 31%
- Natural gas 27%
- Nuclear 3%
- Renewable 37%
- Other 2%
Ebico In the News
There are no recent news stories about Ebico.
There is no complaints data available for Ebico.
If you need to make a complaint to Ebico:
- Call – 0800 028 6699
- Email – [email protected]
- Write – Ebico Ltd, PO Box 10461, Nottingham, NG1 9JS
They aim to resolve any issues as soon as possible but when they can’t they will get back to you within 10 working days. If you are not happy with the outcome Ebico will give you a final response with details of the Energy Ombudsman. You can escalate complaints to the Energy Ombudsman after eight weeks.
Ebico Contact Phone Numbers & Email
Customer Services – 0800 028 6699, lines open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-5pm
Quote – 0300 004 0308, lines open Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.30pm
Email – [email protected]
PO Box 10461
Ebico is a smaller energy company who are well established in working with another energy supplier in order to share their energy licence. Working in partnership with Robin Hood Energy they deliver gas and electricity to credit, prepayment and Economy 7 customers.
Ebico is socially responsible and invests some of their profits in their charitable trust which runs projects in fuel poor areas of Britain.
- Good range of tariffs
- No standing charge tariff
- Support prepayment, Economy 7 and smart meters
- Ranked 3rd out of 23 energy suppliers in the Which? customer satisfaction survey
- Ethical supplier investing in fuel poverty
- Some disruption early 2017 when parted from SSE
- No complaints data available
- Currently does not have an app