Apparently one of the fastest growing energy supplier in the UK, Yü Energy provide gas and electricity tariffs for thousands of businesses.
Are you looking for a new supplier ? Find out if Yü could be the one for you.
Yü Energy Reviews
- Trustpilot: 8.9 out of 10, based on 211 reviews.
- Which?: No reviews available.
- Review Centre: No reviews available.
- Google: 4.1 out of 5, based on 8 reviews.
- Citizens Advice: Not included in the Citizens Advice ranking of 15 business energy companies and how well they deal with complaints.
Yü Energy Business Electricity, Gas & Dual Fuel Tariffs
These tariffs are based on costs for London-based small businesses using less than 73,200kWh annually. For rates in other areas of the UK, please check Yü’s page of electricity tariff rates or contact them directly for a quote.
- Day rate – 14.301p/kWh
- Standing charge – 27.380p per day
- Fixed price for 1-3 years available.
- Day rate – 3.587p/kWh
- Standing charge – 0.35p per day.
- Fixed prices for 1-3 years available.
- Freedom price plan – the plan you’ll be moved to when your contract ends and you don’t choose a new one.
- Deemed price plan – your supply when you move into a premises already powered by Yü.
- Transition price plan – if you choose a fixed price plan but your meter point hasn’t been registered.
- Energy portfolios for larger businesses – fixed prices and a dedicated account manager.
Yü Energy Background
Yü has a team of over 100 energy specialists and promises to find the right energy solution for all kinds of different businesses. They want to ‘shake-up the UK business energy market’, as the founder set the company up when he was frustrated by other suppliers when running his other businesses.
The provider has been shortlisted as a finalist for Utility of the Year at the Utility Week Awards 2017, UK Business Awards 2017, and The Energy Awards 2017, so their mantelpiece is gradually becoming crowded.
Yü Energy Smart Meter
There’s no explicit mention of smart meters on the Yü Energy website.
Smart meters are designed for the most accurate monthly billing, rather than reading a meter manually. The meter also records usage in real-time, so the user knows how much energy they’re using at a glance.
Other Yü Energy Meters
The support section of the website offers help for customers reading different types of meters, including digital, electronic and dial. There’s also a fairly extensive guide to using prepayment meters, including how to top-up and what to troubleshoot if something goes wrong.
To submit a reading, customers can fill out a form on the Yü site.
Yü Energy Bills
There’s a document available to help customers understand their bill, including a breakdown of a few tricky to understand definitions.
Payment is accepted by Direct Debit, paid one month in arrears. Yü will appear as Kensington Power Ltd on your business bank statement.
Yü Energy App
There’s no app available, and there doesn’t seem to be an online account to log into either.
Switching To Yü Energy
To start the switch, you’ll need to confirm you’re happy with the quote Yü have provided and agreed the contract.
Then either the customer or Yü will let your current supplier know, and the customer needs to make sure any past bills are covered so they don’t object to the switch. A meter reading will be taken just before you leave and you then email a Letter of Authority to Yü to confirm the switch.
Moving Locations With Yü Energy
As soon as the customer knows they’re moving, they should let Yü know by filling out a Change of Tenancy form and emailing it to them.
The customer will need to provide a final meter reading and give enough notice, then settle their final bill. If Yü owe the customer credit, it will take 7 days to be refunded.
Yü Energy Fuel Mix
No fuel mix disclosed.
Yü Energy In the News
Double award win for Nottingham based business energy supplier
30 Nov 2017, East Midlands Business Link
Yü Energy won two awards in the same week in November, Business of the Year at the Nachural Entrepreneurship Awards and a silver award at the UK Business Awards. The business’ revenues are reportedly “forecast to exceed £40m for 2017”.
Yü Energy Complaints
Trustpilot’s reviews are very happy with Yü overall, scoring them as ‘Great’.
Most customers cite a smooth switching process and low prices. There are some unhappy comments in the mix though, with some displeased with how prices rise after the fixed contract ends.
Yü haven’t released any complaints stats, but they have made their complaints handling policy available, stating that the aim to respond to all complaints in full within 10 working days.
Contact Phone Numbers & Email
Phone: 0115 975 8258
Email: [email protected]
Yü Energy Address
Unit 2, Horizon Place, Mellors Way, Nottingham NG8 6PY.
Yü Energy Summary
The reviews look good, and they’re winning a few awards – it all looks quite positive for Nottingham-based Yü Energy.
They’re a relatively new provider, which means their prices could be nice and competitive for small businesses, and many of their reviewers seem to back this up.
- Electricity, gas and dual fuel available.
- Lots of information on the website.
- Largely very positive reviews.
- Some complaints suggest prices are high outside of a fixed contract.
- No app or online account.
- No specific tariff information available online.