Businesses with multiple buildings may want to combine their business energy bills to help manage payments and energy management. Multi site meters offer this convenience by measure all energy usage across multiple locations for both business electricity and gas.
Do I need a multi site meter?
Businesses may want to switch to a multi site meter for multiple reasons:
- Businesses may use lots of energy and want to combine their accounts for greater negotiation power on their business energy rates. It may also allow them to move onto a half hourly meter.
- Businesses that operate across multiple sites.
- Businesses with multiple energy contracts (ending at different times).
Will a multi site meter save me money on my business energy?
Whilst it offer multi site energy management, it put more buying power in the businesses hands. With higher energy usage, it unlocks access to cheaper business electricity rates.
A multi site energy contract means that you will only have one renewal date to remember, rather than multiple ones for different buildings. This might only seem like a minor inconvenience, but forgetting to switch business energy to a better deal in time could mean you pay ‘deemed rates’. These are usually inflated prices, and can cost significantly more than contract rates.
Having all your energy on one renewal date and with one supplier, thanks to multi site meters, can help prevent this.
Benefits of a Multi Site Meter
Whilst we have mentioned the obvious. Multi site business energy offers a bundle of benefits:
- Greater control of business energy: A multi-site energy meter allows you to see how much you are spending overall. There’s no need to add multiple bills together for your overall spend.
- Reduced admin: The more meters you have, the more contracts you will have. The more contracts you have, the more admin you need to do. A multi-site meter combines your contracts and your admin into one.
- Control business energy costs: As mentioned earlier, you have greater purchasing power. You may be able to use this to get larger discounts on your energy bills.
What tariffs are available for a multi site meter?
Multi site business energy offers all the same types of tariffs available to other meter types. For your gas and electricity, you can choose from?
- Variable Rate Contract – energy prices vary through the year. Your prices might be cheaper to start with, but could rise with world events
- Fixed Contract – energy costs are locked for a certain period of time. This offers stability for your businesses cashflow. You are protected from price increases.
- 28 Day Contract – energy costs are set for 28 days at a time. They could go up or down at the beginning of each month.
How do I get a Multi Site Meter?
You will need to start by comparing business energy suppliers. Once you have a good idea of the prices, you may wish to call an energy retailer to help negotiate a deal specifically for multi site energy.
Once your multi site energy contract is agreed, a new meter installation will be required. This has to be done through your business energy supplier.
Your current energy supplier may not offer multi site meters, so it is a good idea to switch energy suppliers to access multi site energy deals.
However, if you have multiple accounts and contracts with different suppliers, this can become difficult. This is where an energy retailer like Power Compare can help. We can help you negotiate a great price and help you get your multi site energy management set up by doing all the admin on your behalf.
Ready to get started? Get in touch with us today to bring your multiple sites together and have one renewal date. You can compare multi site energy here, with a range of variable and fixed term contract available.
Do all business energy suppliers offer multi site meters?
The majority of business energy supplier offer multi site meters. The best way to find out is to get in touch or compare multi site energy deals.
Can I get a multi site meter for both my gas and electricity?
Multi site meters are available for both gas and electricity. This means you can get great business energy deals for both fuels regardless of energy meters.
How do I get multi site energy contracts?
Get in touch with our expert multi site business energy team at Power Compare. We can help you through the whole process and explain current multi site deals.
How big does my business need to be for a multi site energy contract?
There are no size requirements for a multi meter. The only energy meters you must have large usage for is a half hourly meter. Any business can switch to a multi meter to save time and money.