Scottish Power Energy Summary
‘The Big Six’ regularly raises prices, which is something all their future customers should be aware of before switching.
The range of fuels and energy sources used is worth weighing up. There’s far less reliance on nuclear and oil than many others (EDF in particular way above average amounts of nuclear energy), and more reliance on renewable sources and natural gas. You can find out more about Scottish Power’s power stations and wind farms if you’re interested in where your energy could come from.
- Fuel mix uses more renewable than average, particularly from wind farms.
- The help section is very informative and detailed.
- Tariff fixed for 2 years for domestic customers, 3 years for business energy customers.
- Option of buying your energy upfront.
- The PowerUp prepayment scheme is quite complicated and the savings are difficult to compare.
- No smart meters until next summer, which is slower than some of their rivals.
- There are not as many tariff choices as their rivals (just 3 fixed available).
Scottish Power EV Solutions
This guide has covered the renewable energy Scottish Power offers. However, as an extension of this, they have specialist energy tariffs for EV charging to ensure customers are charging their EVs cost-effectively.
Business EV Solutions
Scottish Power offers fully funded charging points for business premises with a range of charging times available. This is a great employee benefit or a way to increase footfall in a retail space.
A great location has:
- Unrestricted 24/7 access
- Close to a main road
- Highly populated areas
- Space for 2 charging points per 3 parking spaces
- Cost of charging point installation
- Charger maintenance
- Software management platform