WINGAS have 20 years’ experience in the German energy market and a 20% share of the market. They provide natural gas to commercial businesses.
Find out more about WINGAS below.
- Trustpilot: No reviews available.
- Which?: No review available.
- Review Centre: No reviews available.
- Google: No reviews available.
- Citizens Advice: Doesn’t rank in the Citizens Advice list of 15 business energy companies and how well they deal with complaints.
WINGAS Power Compare Score: No reviews available.
- Fixed commodity charge.
- Gas indexed commodity charge.
- Oil indexed commodity charge.
- Horizontal tranche model.
- Vertical tranche model.
- Market access on a daily basis.
- Balancing group management.
- Temperature model.
- Multisite supply.
- Target price monitoring.
- Renewable natural gas
- Green natural gas
To find out specific pricing information, contact WINGAS directly for a quote.
Note the tariff information listed above was correct at the time of writing (19 February 2018), although as noted, prices will vary by post code and subject to change at any time.
Based in Germany, WINGAS have over 20 years’ experience with the natural gas market and own a 20% share of the German market. The majority of their customers are municipal utilities, regional gas suppliers, industrial companies and power stations, so they mainly cater to larger businesses with higher consumption rates.
WINGAS source their natural gas from North Sea and Russian producers, “via the Nord Stream pipeline through the Baltic Sea”. WINGAS UK is owned by Russian energy company, Gazprom.
They offer natural gas across single and multiple sites, as well as fixed and flexible price contracts.
WINGAS Smart Meter
Smart meters aren’t available to WINGAS customers, as they will generally need a higher quantity of energy than a smart meter can measure. Smart meters are designed for micro business and domestic customers.
Other WINGAS Meters
Day-to-day usage can be monitored through the WINGAS customer portal.
Billing and invoices can also be viewed on the customer portal. Your contract data is also visible, as well as gas price and market information.
There is no app available, the customer portal is the best place for account management.
Switching To WINGAS
To switch, customers generally need to provide:
- How much you’re spending on energy right now (either annually or monthly, but ideally both).
- When your current contract date ends and if there are any exit fees.
- What your consumption rates are.
- Your up-to-date meter readings.
Moving Locations With WINGAS
If you’re moving to a new premises, you’ll need to let WINGAS know in good time before the end of your contract date. Leaving earlier than this could involve a costly termination fee.
WINGAS Fuel Mix
Coal – 0% (8.5% UK average)
Natural gas – 100% (44.1%)
Nuclear – 0% (21.0%)
Renewable – 0% (24.2%)
Other – 0% (2.2%)
WINGAS In the News
WINGAS chief says German green expansion won’t succeed without gas
6 Feb 2018, Power Engineering International
The boss of WINGAS has commented on “the German government’s aim of doubling its renewable power capacity by 2030”, saying it needs “gas-fired power generation as a back up” because renewables can be volatile.
WINGAS have no public reviews on the main review sites. There is no specific complaints procedure outlined on their contact page.
Contact Phone Numbers & Email
Phone: +49 (0) 561 99858-0 (German contact number)
Email: [email protected]
WINGAS GmbH, Königstor 20, 34117 Kassel, Germany
As WINGAS’ UK operations have recently been bought by Gazprom, it’s important that potential customers also read our summary of Gazprom’s services. For larger businesses, WINGAS could be a good option because of their long history, variety of contract options, and natural gas resources.
- Flexible and fixed contracts.
- Customer portal contains lots of services and information.
- Access to wholesale market – suits larger businesses.
- Just been bought by Gazprom, which could impact on the service received.
- No switching information available.
- Don’t seem to have a UK address anymore.