United Gas & Power are a business energy provider based in Leeds. They promise to beat your current renewal quote and reduce your gas costs by up to £700.
Find out more about United Gas & Power below.
United Gas & Power Reviews
- Trustpilot: 9.2 out of 10, based on 152 reviews.
- Which?: No review available.
- Review Centre: No reviews available.
- Google: 4.2 out of 5, based on 64 reviews.
- Citizens Advice: Doesn’t rank in the Citizens Advice list of 15 business energy companies and how well they deal with complaints.
United Gas & Power Products
- 1-3 year contracts.
- Flexible contract – react to wholesale gas market prices, go up or down.
- UK-based customer service team.
- Savings “of up to £700 on business gas supply”.
- No standing charges.
- Free smart meter installation.
- Can reduce your electricity bills by “up to 70%”.
- Discount available on dual fuel packages.
- No standing charges.
To find out specific pricing information, you can use your business details to get a quote on the United Gas & Power website.
Note the tariff information listed above was correct at the time of writing (15 February 2018), although as noted, prices will vary by post code and subject to change at any time.
United Gas & Power Background
United Gas & Power are “one of the fastest growing energy suppliers in the UK”, and promise to get cheaper energy quotes for businesses. Their invoices are simple, the customer services team is UK-based, and they can offer both flexible and fixed contracts. UGP describe themselves as ‘the complete solution, made easy’.
They’re a relatively new supplier, and used to trade under the name Lancashire Gas & Power until their recent rebrand.
United Gas & Power Smart Meter
New electricity customers are offered a free smart meter. This means users can keep an eye on their usage and send readings automatically.
UGP will confirm the date and time of your installation, and there shouldn’t be any costs involved.
Other United Gas & Power Meters
United Gas & Power Bills
Preferred payment method is Direct Debit.
There’s a full list of billing related questions on the FAQ page, but not much advice on what your bill will look like or when it will be due.
United Gas & Power App
There is no app or online portal available to customers.
Switching To United Gas & Power
To switch, customers generally need to provide:
- How much you’re spending on energy right now (either annually or monthly, but ideally both).
- When your current contract date ends and if there are any exit fees.
- What your consumption rates are.
- Your up-to-date meter readings.
Moving Locations With United Gas & Power
If you’re moving to a new premises, you’ll need to let United Gas & Power know in good time before the end of your contract date. Leaving earlier than this could involve a termination fee.
United Gas & Power Fuel Mix
No fuel mix available.
Coal – 8.5% UK average
Natural gas – 44.1%
Nuclear – 21.0%
Renewable – 24.2%
Other – 2.2%
United Gas & Power In the News
Free energy advice in Guiseley this weekend
Wharfedale Observer, 13 Feb 2017
United Gas & Power hosted an event with Guiseley AFC’s Community Foundation in February last year, where they gave free energy advice to consumers. Their aim was to give people more knowledge about switching.
United Gas & Power Complaints
UGP have very positive reviews on Trustpilot, with 88% 5-star reviews. Customers with positive reviews generally name specific advisors at UGP and praise them for being helpful, not at all pushy, and good to deal with.
Criticisms include a few different disputes about being overcharged, but they’re few and far between.
Contact Phone Numbers & Email
Phone: 0800 669 6697
Email: [email protected]
United Gas & Power Address
United Gas & Power, 16 Otley Road, Guiseley, Leeds, LS20 8AH.
United Gas & Power Summary
With really positive reviews and the promise to lower your energy costs, United Gas & Power are an appealing prospect for businesses on a budget. On the other hand, they haven’t disclosed their fuel mix, so their renewable credentials are a bit unknown. The customers are happy though, and that suggests they live up to their simple and affordable promise.
- Positive reviews.
- Flexible and fixed contracts.
- Promise to reduce your energy costs significantly.
- No fuel mix disclosed.
- No switching information available.
- Not much billing information available.