Statoil can trace their company history back to 1972, and provide oil, gas and wind power for 170 million people across Europe.
Find out more about Statoil below.
Statoil UK Reviews
- Trustpilot: 3.2 out of 10, based on 112 reviews (European consumer customers only)
- Which?: No review available.
- Review Centre: No reviews available.
- Citizens Advice: Doesn’t rank in the Citizens Advice list of 15 business energy companies and how well they deal with complaints.
Statoil UK Power Compare Score: No average available.
Statoil UK Electricity, Gas and Dual Fuel Products
- Crude oil and natural gas.
- Processed products – liquids, petrochemicals, methane, propane, petrol & diesel.
- Renewable power.
To find out specific pricing information, contact Statoil UK directly.
Note the tariff information listed above was correct at the time of writing (14 February 2018), although as noted, prices will vary by post code and subject to change at any time.
Statoil UK Background
Statoil have a presence in 30 countries in North and South America, Europe, Africa and Asia. They own offshore clusters, have a portfolio of onshore shale resources, and hold a significant position in the European gas market.
Norway is the centre of a lot of Statoil’s activity, and includes 42 assets in the Norwegian Sea, North Sea, and Barents Sea. They have room to accommodate 5000 people on their oil platforms, ironically making them “Norway’s largest hotelier”.
Statoil UK Smart Meter
Smart meters aren’t mentioned on the Statoil site.
Other Statoil UK Meters
Statoil don’t list the types of meters customers can use.
Statoil UK Bills
No payment or billing info provided.
Statoil UK App
There is no app or online portal available for customers on the main site.
Switching To Statoil UK
There is no specific switching information on the website, but usually you need to provide:
- How much you’re spending on energy right now (either annually or monthly, but ideally both)
- When your current contract date ends and if there are any exit fees.
- What your consumption rates are.
- Your up-to-date meter readings.
Moving Locations With Statoil UK
No specific information available.
Statoil UK Fuel Mix
Coal – 8.5% UK average
Natural gas – 44.1%
Nuclear – 21.0%
Renewable – 24.2%
Other – 2.2%
Fuel mix varies depending on the specific product. Statoil offer natural gas, oil and renewable products.
Statoil UK In the News
Statoil will invest “around 15 to 20 percent of its total capital expenditure in so-called new energy solutions by 2030”.
Recovering oil prices fuel Statoil profits
The Local, 8 Feb 2018
Rising oil prices have increased Statoil’s profits to a net profit of $4.6 billion. Revenues for the whole year increased by 33% to $61.2 billion.
Statoil UK Complaints
The only public reviews available are for largely Norwegian customers, so the content is written entirely in Norwegian. The scores show a dramatic split between those who are very unhappy and those who are pleased enough to give them 5 stars.
Contact Phone Numbers & Email
Phone: 0203 204 3200
Email: No email address provided
Statoil UK Address
One Kingdom Street, London, W2 6BD
Statoil UK Summary
Statoil is a huge corporation, so a lot of the information on their website is about their large global projects, not day-to-day account management. They’re a good option to consider for businesses looking for a large supplier that operates on a global scale, rather than a newcomer. For more information, contact Statoil directly for pricing and switching details.
- Lots of different energy options, including renewable and natural gas.
- Long history and a global presence.
- No UK reviews available.
- Lack of account management information on the site.