SSE Airtricity is a subsidiary of SSE who provides electricity to domestic customers in Ireland who have a standard credit meter, Economy 7, and prepayment meters.
Below we look at the key things you need to know about them before making the switch.
SSE Airtricity Reviews
- Trustpilot – not reviewed yet
- Which? – 60%
- Review Centre – not reviewed yet
- Citizens Advice – not reviewed yet
SSE Airtricity Power Compare Score: insufficient information to review
SSE Airtricity Electricity, Gas & Dual Fuel Tariffs
SSE Airtricity offers two electricity tariffs whose rates vary depending on how you pay your bill and whether you have paper or ebills. Prices quoted are based on the cheapest combination of direct debit and ebill.
1 Year Home Electricity 20%
- Fixed rate 12-month contract
- Choice of payment and billing method (although the choice can alter the prices)
- Electricity unit rate 12.63 pence per kWh and standing charge 8.01 pence per day
- Economy 7 day unit rate 12.83 pence per kWh, night unit rate 7.05 pence per day, and standing charge 8.01
- Prepayment meter customers only
- Pay-as-you-go KeyPad meter
- Electricity unit rate 14.85 pence per kWh
- Economy 7 day unit rate 15.07 pence per kWh, night unit rate 7.35 pence per kWh and standing charge 8.01 pence per day
- Powershift peak unit charge 23.73 pence per kWh, normal unit rate 13.32 pence per kWh, and low unit rate 8.89 pence per kWh
- KeyPad off-peak 8hr off-peak unit rate 10.99 pence per kWh, 11hr off-peak unit rate 10.99 pence per kWh, 15hr off-peak unit rate 10.99 pence per kWh, and standing charge 1.32 pence per day
For more information visit SSE Airtricity products.
SSE Airtricity Business Energy
SSE Airtricity supplies businesses. You would need to contact them to get a quote.
SSE Airtricity Background Information
SSE Airtricity is a subsidiary of SSE and the third largest utility in Ireland who delivers electricity to domestic customers who have standard credit meter, Economy 7, and prepayment meters.
They offer tariffs that give customers discounts on their standard electricity tariffs. They supply over 300,000 domestic and commercial customers. SSE Airtricity started trading in 2002 in the commercial energy market and entered the domestic market in 2010.
They generate thermal and renewable energy as well as supply energy and related services. They also provide other services such as lighting contractor services and boiler services including replacements, repair, and servicing.
SSE Airtricity Smart Meter
There is no information about whether SSE Airtricity is installing smart meters.
Other SSE Airtricity Meters
SSE Airtricity supports prepayment and Economy 7 meters.
SSE Airtricity Bills
SSE Airtricity offers flexible tariffs that allow customers to select how they want to pay their bills and whether they receive paper or ebills. They also have a guide to help you understand your energy bills. You can pay your bill by direct debit, through your online account, at your bank, cheque or over the phone.
SSE Airtricity App
SSE Airtricity has an app that is available on iTunes and Google Play stores. The app allows customers to top-up prepayment meters, create an online account, view and pay ebills, submit meter readings, and manage the account.
Customers review rated the app 2.7 out of 5 based on 704 reviews. Positive comments include useful and it works for them. Negative comments include issues with the app working properly, issues logging in, does not remember user details, cannot download pdf bills, account details do not match up, worked in the previous version but not now, and SSE Airtricity advisors state the app does not exist.
Switching To SSE Airtricity
If you want to switch to SSE Airtricity you can switch online or call them on 0345 8500 8940. They will complete the switch over after the end of the 14-day cooling off period after this it should take no longer than within two weeks.
Moving Home With SSE Airtricity
If you are moving home with SSE Airtricity you will need to contact on them 0345 601 9093 or by emailing email@example.com to give them the details about moving home and whether you want them to supply energy to your new home. They advise that you contact them on the day you move with your final meter readings.
SSE Airtricity Fuel Mix
SSE Airtricity electricity fuel mix is:
- Natural gas 64%
- Renewable 36%
SSE Airtricity In the News
August 2017, BBC News, SSE Airtricity increased their household electricity prices by 7.5% on 1st October which they attributed to wholesale energy costs.
SSE Airtricity Complaints
There is no complaints information available for SSE Airtricity.
If you want to make a complaint to SSE Airtricity contact:
- Call – 0345 601 9093
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write – SSE Airtricity, 3rd Floor, Millenium House, 17-25 Great Victoria Street, Belfast, BT2 7AQ
They will aim to resolve your complaint on the first contact but will endeavour to resolve it as soon as possible within three working days of receiving the complaint. If you do not hear from them within five working days, you will be entitled to compensation.
If you are not happy with how your complaint is being handled, you can request to speak to a supervisor or Escalation Manager. If still unresolved it will be referred to their Customer Service Manager.
SSE Airtricity Contact Phone Numbers & Email
Call – Sales – 0345 850 8940, lines Monday-Friday 8am-8pm
Call – Customer support electricity – 0345 601 9093, lines are open Monday-Friday 8am-8pm
Call – Customer support gas – 0345 900 5253, lines are open Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5pm, Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
SSE Airtricity Address
SSE Airtricity Energy Supply
17-25 Great Victoria Street
SSE Airtricity Summary
SSE Airtricity is a subsidiary of SSE who supplies electricity to homes in Ireland on standard credit meters, Economy 7 and prepayment meters. They supply energy to 300,000 homes in Ireland and are one of Ireland’s largest energy companies.
- One of Ireland’s largest energy suppliers
- Support standard credit meters, Economy 7 meters, and prepayment meters
- Offers flexible tariffs that can be tailored to your needs in terms of bill payment and how you receive your bill
- Supplies electricity only
- Poorly-rated app
- No information about smart meter installs