Opal claim to want to make the commercial gas supply market easier for small businesses to deal with.
Find out more about Opal Gas, and if they’d be right for your business, below.
Opal Gas Reviews
- Trustpilot: New reviews available.
- Which?: No review available.
- Review Centre: No reviews available.
- Google: No reviews available.
- Citizens Advice: Doesn’t rank in the Citizens Advice ranking of 15 business energy companies and how well they deal with complaints.
Opal Energy Power Compare Score: No average available.
Opal Gas Business Gas Tariffs
- Gas supply only.
- Competitive rates, but need to enquire to find out specific prices.
- Encourage Automated Meter Reading (AMR Meters) to be installed for easier meter reading.
- Offer reporting and notification software so customers can keep an eye on their usage.
To find out specific tariff information, you can get a quote by contacting Opal Gas directly.
Note the tariff information listed above was correct at the time of writing (25 January 2018), although as noted, prices will vary by post code and subject to change at any time.
Opal Gas Background
Pitches as an alternative to the ‘Big Six’, Opal Gas are a small company with a St Albans HQ. They don’t use offshore call centres and claim to answer all calls within 30 seconds.
Opal say they “constantly monitor the wholesale gas market to ensure customers always get the best deal available”.
Opal Gas Smart Meter
Other Opal Gas Meters
With AMR, customers won’t have to take readings manually. Readings will be sent straight to Opal, making bills as accurate as possible.
If you don’t have a smart meter and read your meter manually, there’s advice on reading different types of meter on the meter reading information page.
Opal Gas Bills
Customers will receive their monthly bill around the 10th of every month, and a Direct Debit payment will be due 10 business days later.
A breakdown of your bill isn’t available, but confused customers are encouraged to call Opal Gas customer services for advice if they’re unsure.
If your business uses more than 145kWh a day, VAT is charged at 20%. If your business uses less than this, you’ll pay 5%.
Opal Gas App
There’s no app available for customers, but there is an online portal to log into if you use AMR.
Switching To Opal Gas
It takes around 15 calendar days to switch. When your transfer is successful, you’ll receive a Welcome Pack.
To switch from your existing business energy supplier to another one, you’ll need to know:
- How much you’re spending on energy right now (either annually or monthly, but ideally both).
- When your current contract date ends and if there are any exit fees.
- What your consumption rates are.
- Your up-to-date meter readings.
Moving Locations With Opal Gas
Customers moving premises need to let Dual know when they’re moving and provide them with a final meter reading.
Different premises can incur different energy costs, so it’s always worth searching for new tariffs and providers to see if they’ll be more affordable.
If you’re moving out of an Opal Gas property, you’ll need to provide:
- Date of your move.
- New address.
- A meter reading when you leave your old property/move into your new one.
- Copy of your lease agreement.
- Landlord’s name and contact number (if relevant).
Opal Gas Fuel Mix
No fuel mix disclosed.
Opal Gas In the News
No recent news coverage.
Opal Gas Complaints
No reviews available.
Contact Phone Numbers & Email
Phone: 0330 400 4444 (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday)
Email: [email protected]
Opal Gas Address
Opal Gas Ltd, PO Box 818, Harrogate, HG1 9XE
Opal Gas Summary
There’s a lack of information about Opal Gas online, and no reviews make decision-making for small businesses difficult. If you’re shopping around for a gas connection, do your research and find out the best prices before you commit to a tariff.
- Fixed contracts available.
- Decent account management information on the website.
- Online AMR account.
- Lack of tariff information on the site.
- No fuel mix available.
- No reviews available.