GEN4U is ceased trading in September 2018. Ofgem, the energy regulator, is appointing Octopus Energy as the new supplier for its customers. The information below has been kept purely as a reference.
Gen4u is a new independent energy provider who supplies gas and electricity to domestic and business customers in the UK.
Below we look at the key things you need to know about them before making the switch.
- Trustpilot – not reviewed yet
- Which? – not reviewed yet
- Review Centre – not reviewed yet
- Citizens Advice – insufficient information to review
Gen4u Power Compare Score: insufficient information to review (average of 4 scores above)
Gen4u Electricity, Gas & Dual Fuel Tariffs
Gen4u offers two tariffs, one for credit meters and the second for prepayment meters.
Note all prices quoted are based on a London address.
- Fixed rates for 12-months
- Paperless billing
- Payment by monthly direct debit only
- No exit fees
- Electricity unit rate 12.075 pence per kWh and standing charge 21 pence per day
- Economy 7 day unit rate 14.49 pence per kWh, night unit rate 10.92 pence per kWh, and standing charge 21 pence per day
- Gas unit rate 2.625 pence per kWh and standing charge 23 pence per day
- Fixed rates for 12-months
- Prepayment electricity meters only
- No exit fees
- Electricity unit rate 12.947 pence per kWh and standing charge 26.23 pence per day
- Economy 7 day unit rate 13.734 pence per kWh, night unit rate 8.4 pence per kWh, and standing charge 28.96 pence per day
For more information visit Gen4u products.
Gen4u Business Energy
Gen4u offers energy to businesses and tailor makes their tariffs for their customers so business customers need to contact them for a quote.
Gen4u Background Information
Gen4u is a new energy supplier who received their licence to supply gas and electricity in February 2016 but did not start to supply energy straight away. Gen4u stands for gas and electricity nationally for you. They supply gas and electricity to both domestic and business customers.
They were established because they had a desire to reduce customer energy bills without compromising on service. They strive to provide clean energy as much as possible without affecting their competitive prices. Gen4u aims to provide a high level of customer care with the customer at the heart of what they do. They have adopted technology that they believe will enhance their customer experience.
Gen4u Smart Meter
There is no information available about Gen4u’s plans to install smart meters. If you currently have a smart meter, then you may be able to switch to them, but you will need to submit meter readings manually.
Other Gen4u Meters
Gen4u supports both Economy 7 and prepayment meters for electricity. There is no details or tariffs available for gas prepayment meters.
Gen4u only offers tariffs that are paid either by monthly direct debit or prepayment meters. There is no other information available on their bills.
Gen4u currently does not have an app.
Switching To Gen4u
If you want to switch to Gen4u then you need to complete an online quote and apply to switch. Once you have completed all the required details they will complete the switch for you. When the switch has been completed they will let you know and request your meter readings.
Moving Home With Gen4u
If you are moving home with Gen4u you will need to contact them prior to moving to discuss your move, providing final meter readings, and whether you want to switch your new home to them.
Gen4u Fuel Mix
There is currently no information about Gen4u’s electricity fuel mix.
Gen4u In the News
There are no recent news stories about Gen4u.
There is no complaints information available for Gen4u.
If you want to make a complaint to Gen4u contact:
- Call – 01274 973039
- Email – [email protected]
They aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days if they cannot resolve it straight away. If you are not happy with the outcome you can contact the Energy Ombudsman.
Gen4u Contact Phone Numbers & Email
Call – 0800 035 5902, lines are open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Email – [email protected]
Room 4 Albion Mills
Gen4u is a new small independent energy provider who supplies gas and electricity to domestic customers on standard credit meters, Economy 7 meters, and prepayment electricity meters. They also supply energy to businesses.
- Supports Economy 7 meters
- Supports electricity prepayment meters
- Competitive pricing
- Little information on performance as no customer reviews or complaints information
- New energy supplier with little experience
- Only offers payment by monthly direct debit and prepayment meter for electricity
- Does not support smart meters at present