ENGIE is a large energy solutions business that offers specialised services for different business sectors that encompass all energy-related needs from supplying energy to infrastructure and energy services.
Below we look at what tariffs and services ENGIE offer to its businesses customers.
Note this article focuses on ENGIE’ Business tariffs and services, domestic customers should visit our ENGIE Reviews & Tariffs page.
ENGIE Business Reviews
ENGIE Business Electricity Tariffs
- Fixed price tariffs
- Contracts from 1-5 years
- Greener energy options
- Advice on reducing energy bills
- You can get a quote online or calling 0800 049 9601
- Tailored and flexible energy package
- Choice of fixed-rate contracts and bulk purchase options
- Support and market insights from energy specialists
- Best price guarantee on market price transactions
- Support to improve businesses sustainability and energy efficiency
- Non-half-hourly meters – 15.83 p/kWh + £23 monthly administration charge for sites with profile class 3 or 4 or £70 for class 5 to 8, plus sites rates for transportation, taxes, and levies
- Half-hourly meters – between 7am-11pm 17.76 p/kWh, between 11pm-7am 11.36 p/kWh + £60 monthly administration charge, plus sites rates for transportation, taxes, and levies
ENGIE Business Gas Tariffs
ENGIE’s business gas tariff information is the same as the electricity information above.
- 15 p/kWh + £60 per site per month + pass-through of transportation and metering costs
Other ENGIE Business Energy Products & Services
ENGIE can also help your business beyond just supplying electricity and gas. They also offer energy consulting which includes:
- Facilities management services to improve the performance and efficiency of buildings
- Energy analytics and intelligent energy management systems
- Energy specialists to assist businesses in reducing their energy consumption, carbon emissions, and generate cost savings
- Compliance services to ensure businesses meet their obligations
- Demand-side response to reduce energy costs through load management
- Developing energy generation projects for businesses
- Power purchase helping businesses optimise the income from their generation assets
ENGIE Business Smart Meters
ENGIE is currently not installing smart meters for its domestic customers and there is no information about whether they are installing them for their business customers. There is no information about when they plan to do their smart meter roll-out for any of their customers.
ENGIE Business Meter Readings
ENGIE business customers can submit their meter readings through the website using the online forms.
ENGIE Business Bills
There is no information available about ENGIE’s energy bills.
ENGIE Business App
ENGIE has many apps across its international business but it currently does not have an app for UK business customers.
Switching Your Business Energy To ENGIE
If you want to switch to ENGIE and you are not a large energy user and only have one site, then you can get a quote online. Multiple sites and large energy users need to call 0800 049 9601 to discuss their requirements and to get a quote. Smaller energy users can also call them on the same number for a quote.
Once you have provided all your details to set up your account, ENGIE should complete the switch within 21 days.
Moving Business Premises With ENGIE
If you are moving premises with ENGIE you will need to complete their online form or call 0113 306 2101 to inform them of your change of address and to finalise your current account. If you want them to supply energy to your new premises you will need to contact them to set up a new account and switch the supply over to them.
ENGIE Business Complaints
If you need to make a complaint to ENGIE contact:
- Call – 0113 205 3198
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
They will try to resolve the complaint immediately but where this is not possible they will contact you within two working days with an update. After 10 working days if the complaint is not resolved you can escalate it to a manager. If you are still not happy you can escalate the complaint to the head of department who will review the complaint and give a final response.
Microbusinesses can take their complaint to the Energy Ombudsman after eight weeks if the complaint is not satisfactorily resolved.
Contact Phone Numbers & Email
Call – 0113 306 2151
Email – email@example.com
ENGIE Business Address
No 1 Leeds
26 Whitehall Road
ENGIE Business Summary
- Large international energy supplier
- Caters for a range of different industries and business sizes
- Offers a wider range of energy solution services
- Price match guarantee on market price transactions
- Fairly low customer review ratings
- No information on how accounts are managed or billing
- No information on their smart meter roll-out
For more see: ENGIE Reviews & Tariffs