E.ON is a German utility company who supplies energy to domestic and business customers in the UK, and is one the UK’s Big Six suppliers.
Below we look at what tariffs and services E.ON offer to its businesses customers.
Note this article focuses on E.ON’s business tariffs and services, domestic customers should visit our E.ON Reviews & Tariffs page.
E.ON Business Reviews
Additionally, Citizens Advice ranked E.ON business 2nd out of the top 15 business energy suppliers.
E.ON Business Electricity Tariffs
- Quotes are available by calling E.ON or requesting a callback
- Fixed term contracts – 1-3 years with 7% discount for paying by monthly direct debit and 5% discount for paying by quarterly direct debit
- Variable price plans – you will be moved on to at the end of the contract unless you sign up for a new contract and this has 30 days’ notice period
- Out of contract prices – when you terminate your contract but do not change supplier
- Deemed contract prices are where no contract is in place. Prices based on London premise are 17.66 p/kWh + 83 p/day standing charge.
- Fixed energy plans – you can fix wholesale energy prices for up to five years
- Renewable (REGO backed) supplies – offers electricity from renewable sources that are backed by a guarantee of origin to help businesses meet their sustainability targets and legal obligations
- Flexible buying – allow you to purchase energy how you want to with a range of buying options, multi-purchase or market trigger options to purchase when market conditions suit you.
E.ON Business Gas Tariffs
E.ON’s business gas tariffs are the same as the electricity tariffs.
Deemed gas prices based on a London premise are 4.58 p/kWh + 102 p/day standing charge with annual consumption below 73,298, over this the rates are 4.56 p/kWh + 452 p/day standing charge.
Other E.ON Business Energy Products & Services
E.ON can also help your business beyond just supplying electricity and gas. They also offer the following:
- On-site generation
- Demand-side response/management
- Electric vehicle solutions
- Energy efficiency solutions
- Wireless charging
- Building energy management systems
- On-site energy audits
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Energy strategy creation
- Lighting solutions
E.ON Business Smart Meters
E.ON are currently installing smart meters in some businesses. Customers need to contact them to find out if they can have a smart meter installed.
E.ON Business Meter Readings
E.ON’s preference is that their customers provide meter readings through their online account either on the website or mobile app. If you do not have an online account you can submit your meter reading through their web form.
E.ON Business Bills
The E.ON online account helps customers keep track of your bills and payments. There is some online support to help customers with some frequently asked questions about bills and payments.
E.ON Business App
E.ON has a mobile app where customers can manage their account, make payments, and submit meter readings. The app is shared with domestic customers and not dedicated to business customers and therefore some functionality may not be applicable, and it will not suit all businesses needs.
Switching Your Business Energy To E.ON
If you want to switch to E.ON you can get a quote online or call on 0333 202 4419. Once you have completed an application with them, E.ON will complete the switch for you.
Moving Business Premises With E.ON
If you are moving to or from a premise supplied by E.ON you will need to let them know in advance, which you can do by completing their SME online form or large businesses online form, or via email if you have a half hourly account.
E.ON Business Complaints
If you need to make a complaint contact:
- Call – 0345 055 0065
- Online form
- Write – Business Customer Service, E.ON Energy Solutions Ltd, PO Box 2010, NG1 9GQ
They aim to resolve complaints on the first contact or will connect you with the Resolutions Team who usually resolve complaints within two days. Some complaints can take longer but generally, they are resolved within three weeks.
If you are not happy with how your complaint has been handled, then they will conduct an internal review which normally takes less than two working days.
You may also be entitled to free advice from Citizens Advice and be able to take your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman if it is not resolved within eight weeks.
Contact Phone Numbers & Email
Joining – 0333 202 4586
Bills and payments – 0345 055 0065
Quotes and general enquiries – call – 0247 642 4242
E.ON Business Address
Business Customer Service
E.ON Energy Solutions Ltd
PO Box 2010
E.ON Business Summary
- Wide range of energy management solution services
- Online account management and integrated mobile app
- Voted 2nd in the Citizens Advice business energy supplier poll out of 15 companies
- No information about tariff rates except deemed rates which are high
- Poor customer ratings
- Only minimal information online about their larger energy users service
For more see: E.ON Reviews & Tariffs