Focusing on smarter energy since 2009, Dual Energy is an independent British energy supplier for businesses and SMEs.
Find out more about Dual Energy and their tariffs below.
Dual Energy Reviews
- Trustpilot: 3.4 out of 10, based on 12 reviews.
- Which?: No review available.
- Review Centre: 1.3 out of 5, based on 43 reviews.
- Google: 1.3 out of 5, based on 24 reviews overall.
- Citizens Advice: Ranked ninth in the Citizens Advice ranking of 15 business energy companies and how well they deal with complaints.
Dual Energy Business Electricity, Gas & Dual Fuel Tariffs
SMARTSaver (fixed for 1, 2, or 3 years)
- Annual price review.
- If you find a better price, Dual say they’ll match it.
- Can spread your costs throughout the year with the Budget Plan. Payments taken by Direct Debit.
SMARTSaver (fixed for 1 or 3 years)
- Annual price review
- If you find a better price, Dual say they’ll match it.
To find out specific tariff information, you can get a quote by contacting Dual Energy directly.
Note the tariff information listed above was correct at the time of writing (25 January 2018), although as noted, prices will vary by post code and subject to change at any time.
Dual Energy Background
Dual aim to be a low cost alternative to the ‘Big Six’ and have been trying to build up a reputation as an affordable, customer-focused business over the last 9 years.
Their gas and electricity contracts will fix a business’ energy prices for 1-3 years, and they offer to review your prices every 12 months. They also offer Budget Plans, which fix monthly payments for electricity, include a smart meter, and spread the cost throughout the year to avoid seasonal differences.
Dual Energy Smart Meter
Dual provide customers with a smart meter that takes automatic readings of electricity usage. Readings are sent automatically to Dual to keep every bill as accurate as possible. Customers can view their usage online and in real time by looking at how much they’re spending each hour.
Other Dual Energy Meters
Customers will soon have the option of using a prepayment meter service. Electricity will be paid for upfront as part of a pay-as-you-go contract.
If you don’t have a smart meter and read your meter manually, there’s advice on reading different types of meter on the meter reading information page.
Dual Energy Bills
Customers will receive their monthly bill at the start of each month, by post or email, depending on how they’ve chosen to be billed. The Budget Plan needs to be paid by Direct Debit.
If your business uses less than 1000kWh of electricity a month, in a premises that is both domestic and commercial, or you run a residential care home, you can reduce the VAT rate to 5% for either the whole contract amount or the relevant part of the supply.
Dual Energy App
There’s no app available for Dual Energy customers, but there is an online portal to log into. For an extra cost of £1.95 or £3.95 a month, customers can sign up for Dual’s Web Analyser tool. This gives the user access to either their daily or monthly consumption, depending on how much they pay.
Switching To Dual Energy
If Dual’s prices go down by more than 3% before you make your switch, they’ll reduce your contract rates to match. It takes around 3 weeks to switch, and they aim to have your smart meter installed within 4-6 weeks of your connection being set up.
To switch from your existing business energy supplier to another one, you’ll need to know:
- How much you’re spending on energy right now (either annually or monthly, but ideally both)
- When your current contract date ends and if there are any exit fees.
- What your consumption rates are.
- Your up-to-date meter readings.
Moving Locations With Dual Energy
Customers moving premises need to let Dual know when they’re moving and provide them with a final meter reading.
Different premises can incur different energy costs, so it’s always worth searching for new tariffs and providers to see if they’ll be more affordable.
If you’re moving into a Dual Energy property, you’ll need to provide:
- A copy of your lease
- A copy of your business rates
- Up to date meter reading
- A supplier invoice
Dual Energy Fuel Mix
Coal – 8.5% (8.5% UK average)
Natural gas – 44.1% (44.1%)
Nuclear – 21% (21.0%)
Renewable – 24.2% (24.2%)
Other – 2.2% (2.2%)
Dual Energy In the News
No recent news coverage.
Dual Energy Complaints
The reviewers are critical of Dual on the whole, scoring them just 1 or 2 stars on average. One of the most common complaints is a lack of transparency – with Dual apparently increasing Direct Debit payments regularly and overcharging. Most reviewers feel they can’t trust them.
There are some 5-star ratings saying the prices were cheaper than they expected, and others saying the switch was easy.
However, the large majority of complaints are quite detailed and emphatic.
Contact Phone Numbers & Email
Phone: 01903 703 400
Email: [email protected]
Dual Energy Address
Dual Energy, Premium House, The Esplanade, Worthing BN11 2BJ.
Dual Energy Summary
The fixed packages and price promises are quite compelling, but many customers remain unconvinced on the review sites. Dual are a comparatively young company, so potentially still finding their feet in the business energy market. Many companies of a similar size don’t even have public reviews, making switching a bit of a stab in the dark.
- Fixed contracts for up to 3 years.
- Thorough information on the website.
- You’re almost guaranteed to get a smart meter within weeks of switching to them.
- Many of the reviews are negative and claim prices are raised without warning.
- Fuel mix is the same as the national average, so not the most green option.
- Costs extra to track your online smart meter readings over time.