Danske Commodities is an independent energy trader, working with producers, suppliers and consumers throughout the supply chain.
Find out more about Danske Commodities below.
Danske Commodities Reviews
- Trustpilot: No reviews available.
- Which?: No review available.
- Review Centre: No reviews available.
- Google: No reviews available.
- Citizens Advice: Doesn’t rank in the Citizens Advice list of 15 business energy companies and how well they deal with complaints.
Danske Commodities Power Compare Score: No average available.
Danske Commodities Electricity, Gas and Dual Fuel Products
- Power trading in 35 European markets and gas trading in 16 European markets.
- Short-term trading, with prices measured daily or more frequently.
- Forward trading.
- Base, peak and customised delivery.
- Renewables available.
- Green certificates available for businesses.
To find out specific pricing information, contact Danske Commodities directly.
Note the tariff information listed above was correct at the time of writing (23 February 2018), although as noted, prices will vary by post code and subject to change at any time.
Danske Commodities Background
Danske Commodities was founded in 2004 by a Danish banker to unite international energy markets. Their staff trade 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with countries all over Europe. Their goal is to keep energy affordable for customers by navigating the wholesale energy market, helping them manage volume, and analysing their portfolio.
Danske have a presence in Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Denmark, France, the UK, and Germany.
Danske Commodities Smart Meter
Smart meters are not available to Danske customers, as they’re likely to consume more energy than a smart meter can measure. Smart meters are only suitable for domestic and small business customers.
Danske Commodities Meters
Meters and meter readings aren’t mentioned on the Danske Commodities site. Large companies will monitor their energy through their account manager.
Danske Commodities Bills
Bills and payment will be managed through your account manager – there’s no specific advice on the website.
Danske Commodities App
There is no app available, but customers will be able to view how trading is done on behalf of their business 24/7.
Switching To Danske Commodities
Danske Commodities don’t detail any information about switching. Usually you need to provide:
- How much you’re spending on energy right now (either annually or monthly, but ideally both)
- When your current contract date ends and if there are any exit fees.
- What your consumption rates are.
- Your up-to-date meter readings.
Moving Locations With Danske Commodities
If you’re moving to a new premises, it’s wise to give Danske Commodities as much notice as possible. If you’re leaving a fixed term contract, you might face an early termination fee.
Danske Commodities Fuel Mix
No fuel mix disclosed, it will vary depending on the energy companies you trade with.
Coal – 8.5% UK average
Natural gas – 44.1%
Nuclear – 21.0%
Renewable – 24.2%
Other – 2.2%
Danske Commodities In the News
Danske Commodities: Germany is perfect for energy trading
Solarplaza, 9 Oct 2015
Q&A with Danske Commodities’ Head of Intraday about trading in European markets.
Danske Commodities Complaints
No public reviews available, and there’s no complaints procedure on the Danske website.
Contact Phone Numbers & Email
Phone: 0212 270 71 15
Email: [email protected]
Danske Commodities Energy Address
Danske Commodities, Citypoint Building, 11th Floor, 1 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9HT
Danske Commodities Summary
With their presence in over 30 European energy markets, and the offer of 24/7 price monitoring, Danske could be an affordable options for large corporations that need a lot of power. For large corporations, managing energy consumption can be costly and time-consuming, so Danske Commodities should in theory make that much easier.
- Personal account manager/trader.
- Prices vary depending on different energy markets.
- No public reviews.
- Lack of switching and account management information available.