Ceres Energy is a full licensed UK gas shipper and supplier. They provide ‘Gas to Grid’ services throughout the natural gas supply chain.
Find out more about Ceres, and what their service is like, below.
Ceres Energy Reviews
- Trustpilot: No reviews available.
- Which?: No review available.
- Review Centre: No reviews available.
- Google: No reviews available.
- Citizens Advice: Doesn’t rank in the Citizens Advice list of 15 business energy companies and how well they deal with complaints.
Ceres Energy Power Compare Score: No average available.
Ceres Energy Business Gas Tariffs
Gas to Grid
- Manage a portfolio of gas companies and shippers.
- Supply and secure gas for a variety of business types.
- Negotiate in Green Gas producers’ “best interests”.
- Manage physical gas sales, liaise with production at every level.
- Contacts at trading desks all over the world.
Grid to End User
- Sell customers’ surplus energy back to the market to “avoid balancing charges from the Grid”.
- Manage and report your gas portfolio.
To find out specific pricing information, you can get a quote by contacting Ceres Energy directly.
Note the tariff information listed above was correct at the time of writing (31 January 2018), although as noted, prices will vary by post code and subject to change at any time.
Ceres Energy Background
Ceres Energy’s directors have a combined 60 years of experience in the energy sector. This gas shipper and supplier provides a variety of services aimed at companies wanting to optimise their gas supply and trading. They can both buy and sell surplus through the service.
Ceres manage businesses’ relationship with the Grid and support their place in the market, “operating at all points in the supply chain”. They’ll also “identify biomethane sales opportunities’ to make energy costs more manageable.
Ceres Energy Smart Meter
Smart meters aren’t relevant to Ceres customers, so they’re not available.
Other Ceres Energy Meters
No information available about specific meters on the Ceres site.
Ceres Energy Bills
Potential customers will need to enquire to find out specifically how their Ceres contract will be billed. Cost will depend on the amount supplied, but could also include extra fees for account management.
Ceres Energy App
There’s no app available for Ceres customers, but service users can log into the Customer Area.
Switching To Ceres Energy
If your business would benefit from shipping, trading or buying quantities of Green Gas, you’ll need to contact Ceres directly for specific information. There could also be equipment and upgrade costs to include.
Moving Locations With Ceres Energy
Current customers should let Ceres know in plenty of time if they’re planning to move premises, minimising the amount of time supply could be interrupted. A copy of the lease or similar documentation may be needed.
Different premises and conditions can mean different energy needs. Always check for quotes if you’re planning to move, it could be cheaper than using your current supplier in a new location.
Ceres Energy Fuel Mix
Coal – 0% (8.5% UK average)
Natural gas – 100% (44.1%)
Nuclear – 0% (21.0%)
Renewable – 0% (24.2%)
Other – 0% (2.2%)
Ceres Energy In the News
No recent press available.
Ceres Energy Complaints
Ceres has no presence on any of the most popular review sites. There are some favourable testimonials and comments from some current clients, but these are used for promotional purposes.
Contact Phone Numbers & Email
Phone: 01434 602 700
Email: [email protected]
Ceres Energy Address
Ceres Energy, The Old Grammar School, Hallgate, Hexham, NE46 1XD
Ceres Energy Summary
Ceres’ service will only be suitable for certain businesses, as they provide natural gas only, and manage buying and supply throughout the various stages of the market. If this is ideal for your business, it’s important to contact Ceres and other potential suppliers directly, as there’s a general lack of information about billing and contract length.
- Renewable, natural gas.
- Account managed throughout the supply chain, from buying to trading.
- No existing reviews or unbiased testimonials.
- Lack of pricing and contract information online.