Axis provide both telecoms and utilities to business customers, including landlines, mobile, broadband, gas and electricity.
Is it cheaper for you to combine your business’ telecoms and energy? Find out below.
Axis Telecom Reviews
- Trustpilot: 6.1 out of 10 based on just one customer’s review.
- Which?: No review available.
- Review Centre: No review available.
- Google: 1.7 out of 5, based on 19 reviews overall.
- Citizens Advice: Not featured the Citizens Advice ranking of 15 business energy companies and how well they deal with complaints.
Axis Telecom Business Electricity, Gas & Dual Fuel Tariffs
Customers can combine the below tariffs to create a package covering all utilities.
- BT area – Up to 24mb with 40GB usage – £12.99
- BT area – Up to 24mb with unlimited usage – £19.99
- BT area – Up to 38mbps fibre broadband with unlimited usage – £31.99
- BT area – Up to 76mbps fibre broadband with unlimited usage – £39.99
- KC area – Up to 24mb with 50GB usage – £24.99
- KC area – Up to 24mb with unlimited usage – £49.99
- Unlimited UK calls/texts, 1GB data – £12.00
- Unlimited UK calls/texts, 3GB data – £20.00
- Unlimited UK calls/texts, 10GB data – £37.50
- 500MB mobile broadband – £4.99
- 1GB mobile broadband – £7.99
- 3GB mobile broadband – £14.99
- Standing charge – 39.00p a day
- Unit rate – 16.00p per kWh
Day & Night rate
- Standing charge – 39.00p a day
- Day rate – 17.50p per kWh
- Night rate – 12.00p per kWh
- Standing charge – 50.00p a day
- Unit rate – 5.50p per kWh
To find out specific tariff information, you can get a quote by contacting Axis directly.
Note the tariff information listed above was correct at the time of writing (29 November 2017), although as noted, prices will vary by post code and subject to change at any time.
Axis Telecom Background
Operating since 2001, Axis Telecom are an independent telecoms and energy supplier, combining all utilities for their business customers at prices they consider to be competitive. Axis provide landline, mobile, broadband, gas and electricity.
Axis promise to provide value for money, loyalty to their customers, and service from highly trained staff. They believe it makes handling business bills and admin a lot easier when everything’s streamlined.
Axis Telecom Smart Meter
Smart meters will allow customers to automatically submit readings for the most accurate monthly billing, rather than reading their meter manually. The meter also records usage in real-time, so the user knows how much energy they’re using at a glance.
Other Axis Telecom Meters
Customers can also submit readings by text or phone.
Axis Telecom Bills
To check bills, customers can log in to their online account and select ‘Energy invoices’. They can read all their invoices for their different services here.
The easiest and cheapest way to pay your Axis bill is monthly Direct Debit – customers are given 10 days’ notice before payment is taken. Choosing to pay through another method will include an extra £25 charge every month.
Axis provide a list of price changes and the relevant dates, so customers can find out if landline prices have recently changed. This is not available for energy or broadband prices yet.
Axis Telecom App
There’s no app available for Axis customers, but customers can log into online billing on desktop. All account holders have access and can use it to check billing details, and make payments.
Switching To Axis Telecom
When you switch both your telecom and utilities, Axis will let your current supplier know and send you a welcome pack including all the terms and conditions. Your landline service and phone number will remain the same, so Axis claim there won’t be any interruption.
It takes around 28 days to transfer your gas and electricity supply from the existing provider to Axis.
Moving Locations With Axis Telecom
There’s no specific information about moving locations on the Axis site, but in theory it should take as long as switching from an old provider.
Different premises can incur different energy costs, so it’s always worth searching for new tariffs and providers to see if they’ll be more affordable if you’re planning to move.
Axis Telecom Fuel Mix
Axis haven’t disclosed their fuel mix yet, so the percentages below reflect the UK average.
Coal – 8.5% (UK average)
Natural gas – 44.1%
Nuclear – 21.0%
Renewable – 24.2%
Other – 2.2%
Axis Telecom In the News
No recent news articles available.
Axis Telecom Complaints
Axis don’t have much of a presence on Which? or Trustpilot – just one unhappy reviewer so far.
The company’s Google reviewers are mainly expressing anger and frustration, urging others to avoid them because of poor customer service, high prices, and hidden charges.
Axis haven’t published any details about how well they deal with complaints, though their code of conduct makes some rather big promises.
Contact Phone Numbers & Email
Phone: 0844 875 1950
Email: [email protected]
Axis Telecom Address
Axis, Utility House, 32-36 Prospect St, Kingston Upon Hull, East Yorkshire, HU2 8PX.
Axis Telecom Summary
Despite being 16 years old, Axis don’t disclose their fuel mix and have relatively few online reviews available. They could be a compelling option for any business wanting to combine its fuel and broadband, but there’s little info about their pricing to be gained without enquiring directly.
- Handy for those who want to combine all their utilities.
- Detailed info on the website about account management.
- Competitively priced for mobile and broadband.
- No fuel mix available, so no way of knowing how much renewable they use.
- Not much tariff information available online.
- Reviews aren’t great overall.